There are three main parts of the LiveTune system:
First, and most important, is your game itself. To take advantage of LiveTune, your game must have tunable settings. To be tunable, a setting must have a measurable effect on your application performance and also allow you to gracefully degrade the quality of your application. See In-game Performance Settings.
Second, is the LiveTune plugin, which you integrate into your game. The plugin handles communication with the LiveTune service and monitors performance on live devices. You get the best settings for a particular device from the LiveTune plugin so that you can apply it to your game systems. See Integrating the LiveTune plugin.
Third, is the LiveTune dashboard. Use the dashboard to set up the remote configurations, quality levels, and tuning parameters for your game. Once your game goes live, use the dashboard to monitor results and fine-tune your settings. See LiveTune Dashboard for more information.
- Define your game's performance settings.
- Integrate the LiveTune plugin.
- Setup and tune your remote configuration on the LiveTune dashboard.
- Unity 5.4 or later
- A Unity project with the Unity Analytics service enabled.
- Supported platforms: Android and iOS
In addition, your game should have at least 1,000 daily active users per platform (Android or iOS). Otherwise, collecting enough data to tune device quality levels and draw statistically sound conclusions can take too long.
Joining the LiveTune Beta
Please note that LiveTune is currently in beta and available AS IS without any warranties. As a result, the feature set may be not be complete and you may encounter some bugs or issues while using the product. We will be working with our beta users community to get feedback and improve the product. To that extent, we encourage you to share your questions and requests in the LiveTune forum and participate in the discussions around new features.
You can get help integrating LiveTune, or help sorting out other problems, from the following sources:
- LiveTune FAQ -- to evaluate whether LiveTune is right for you and for common product questions
- LiveTune Community Forum -- for general product improvements and feature requests
- LiveTune-Support@Unity3d.com -- for issues relevant to your project
If you have feedback about LiveTune that you would like to share directly and privately with the product team, we would love to hear it!